freetds - Re: [freetds] DBD::Sybase no /usr/local/freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] DBD::Sybase no /usr/local/freetds
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 21:37:02 -0500

20050303 wrote:
> I have been bashing my head into this problem for a while. It seems all
> the info I find is telling me to point the env $SYBASE to
> /usr/local/freetds.
> I've installed freetds version 0.63 from an rpm and it installed some
> libraries into /usr/lib and a conf into /etc . When I cpan> install
> DBD::Sybase it errors out:
> Please set SYBASE in CONFIG, or set the $SYBASE environment variable
>
> if export SYBASE=/usr it still errors, but in a different way:
> Can't find the Client Library include files under /usr

SYBASE should be set to the same value as was PREFIX when ./configure was
run. Try this:

$ dirname $(dirname $(command -v tsql))

Alternatively, the library you need is libct.so.

$ find /usr/local -name libct.so
/usr/local/lib/libct.so

In my case PREFIX was /usr/local, so the library was installed in
/usr/local/lib.

HTH.