freetds - [freetds] Using freetds-0.63 on AIX (4.3.3 or 5.1) with unixODBC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "John Wythe (work)" <jwythe AT silksystems.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Using freetds-0.63 on AIX (4.3.3 or 5.1) with unixODBC
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 20:41:33 -0800

Thanks for the input James.

I am not sure disabling shared is what I want to do, as I need a .so for
unixODBC.
According to previous posts doing so fixed the problem, but only if freetds
was used without unixODBC.
I assume that disabling shared would not generate a shared library that I
could use with unixODBC, yes no?

It seems that the message output by nm, is just a warning, as it seems to
generate the .exp file just fine.
errors occur when building the shared library with berok turned off.

Do you think loading the GNU ld on top of the AIX ld would be okay, or might
it cause more problems than it fixes?

My last post indicates I fixed the problem, but alas, only on 5.1. The same
fix on 4.3.3 doesn't seem to totally resolve the issue, if at all. I am in
the process of investigating more on 4.3.3. Even with my change it still
reports undefined symbols building freebcp, etc. Libraries seem to build
okay with out errors, have yet to test. I have put my previous fix back
into the Makefile, to see if I can get a successful make and install. The
previous fix I refer to is adding libtds_objects.la, and linreplacements.la
to the _LDADD entries for the affected programs.

John