freetds - Re: [freetds] Problem with RPC against SQL server 2005

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefan Ille <illes AT designa.de>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem with RPC against SQL server 2005
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:27:51 +0100

Thanks for trying to help me out, Bill.

I'm afraid, the conf file tries to tell the server the old version...

That's what I have in my freetds.conf:

"tds version = 8.0"

Stefan

Thompson, Bill D (London) schrieb:
Thanks, Stefan.

then this implies 2 things, I think...

1) that there is a new version of the RPC TDS protocol in SQL 2005.
2) that the server thinks we are using the new version, but in fact we
are still using the old version.

What do we have for tds version in freetds.conf ?
Bill