freetds - [freetds] server code patch

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com.au>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] server code patch
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 14:51:47 +1100

I have a patch to the server code in freetds, it seems to work well when
used with the Microsoft "SQL Query Analyser" using TDS 7/8 protocol,
although I've only really tested char, varchar and int types. I haven't
yet had cause to test the nullable integer/float types yet, so haven't
put in any code to handle those...

I've also got the beginnings of a postgresql proxy, which uses the
freetds server code to takes the queries, translates them, and passes
them to a postgresql backend, and then translates the results back
again. Translation is fairly sparse at this point but works for a few
types of queries.

How do I generate a patch against the current CVS tree? Is the freetds
community interested in the postgresql proxy at all? It's probably
useful even just as an example of how to write a server...

Thanks

James