freetds - [freetds] libraries linked with a static path

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Wolfgang Gruen <wgruen AT caci.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>, freetds-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] libraries linked with a static path
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 17:37:35 -0500

I am building the libraries on HP with unixODBC and two libraries get
added as libraries with a static path to the library libtdsodbc.sl in the
ODBC component. When the loader tries to resolved the libraries, it will
ignore the environment variable SHLIB_PATH, since the library is added
with a static path.

Does somebody know why this is happening? I see it being added with the
-l parameter in the Makefile and couldn't figure out where we add the
entire path.

I would appreciate if somebody could let me know how to add theses dynamic
libraries without the static path.
Thanks
Wolfgang

1)The libraries are
-lodbcinst.sl
-libiconv.sl

2) The build log:
gcc -shared -fPIC -Wl,+h -Wl,libtdsodbc.sl.0 -Wl,+b
-Wl,/home/i3build/freetds/lib -o .libs/libtdsodbc.sl.0.0 .libs/odbc.o
.libs/connectparams XXXXX
-L/home/i3build/unixODBC/lib /home/i3build/unixODBC/lib/libodbcinst.sl
/usr/local/lib/libiconv.sl -lc -lc -Wl,-Bsymbolic

3) Makefile :
Makefile:ODBCINSTLIB = -lodbcinst

4) Output of chatr
# chatr +l /home/i3build/unixODBC/lib/libodbcinst.sl.1 libtdsodbc.sl.0.0
libtdsodbc.sl.0.0:
current values:
shared library
shared library dynamic path search:
SHLIB_PATH enabled second
embedded path disabled first /home/i3build/freetds/lib
internal name:
libtdsodbc.sl.0
shared library list:
static /home/i3build/unixODBC/lib/libodbcinst.sl.1
static /usr/local/lib/libiconv.sl
dynamic /usr/lib/libc.2
shared vtable support disabled
explicit unloading enabled
static branch prediction disabled
executable from stack: D (default)
kernel assisted branch prediction enabled
lazy swap allocation disabled
text segment locking disabled
data segment locking disabled
third quadrant private data space disabled
fourth quadrant private data space disabled
third quadrant global data space disabled
data page size: D (default)
instruction page size: D (default)
nulptr references enabled
new values: