freetds - Re: [freetds] "no error string" from DBI->connect akaDBD::Sybase::db::_login - patch included

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Rusty Phillips <rustyp AT freeshell.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] "no error string" from DBI->connect akaDBD::Sybase::db::_login - patch included
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:20:38 -0400 (EDT)

Shouldn't there be some kind of error message in the logs? I'm getting nothing at all.

I actually used my package management system to compile and install it, so the location for freetds.conf is /etc/freetds.conf

As far as your suggestion, using the perl script shown below, /tmp/tds/config is never created when run through the command line or otherwise, though /tmp/tds/normal is.
Shouldn't that do something?

#; use CGI::Carp qw{fatalsToBrowser}
; use DBI
; use Data::Dumper
; my $username = "dbadmin"
; my $password = "purplefish"
; $ENV{'TDSDUMP'} = '/tmp/tds/normal'
; $ENV{'TDSDUMPCONFIG'} = '/tmp/tds/config'
; my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:ODBC:IMAGER',$username,$password);
; my $servername = $dbh->selectcol_arrayref('SELECT @@Servername')->[0];
#|| die "Can't connect to database.";
; print "Content-type: text/plain\n\nTesting " . $servername . "\n";