freetds - Re: [freetds] Test.pl failed

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Test.pl failed
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 18:37:45 -0400

That's not a FreeTDS message. If you're using sample/test.pl, you're
using Perl, and you need to relink Perl to the FreeTDS libraries (libct)
instead of Sybase's.

> I have exported SYBASE environmental variables to = /usr/local/freetds
> according to the freetds user's guide.

Does the UG still say that? Unless you did 'configure --prefix
/usr/local/freetds' when you built FreeTDS, that wouldn't be the right
value for the SYBASE environment variable. The default location is
/usr/local nowadays.

The SYBASE variable is used when building DBD::Sybase to find the
include files and libraries. It's not used by FreeTDS at all, and afaik
it's not needed by DBD::Sybase at run time.

> 1. where should do I set my SYBASE home directory to? My original
> Sybase installation directory? Or the /usr/local/freetds

Point it to the FreeTDS prefix, and rebuild and reinstall DBD::Sybase.

> 2. any
> other ENV I need to set up besides SYBASE (ex. SHLIB_PATH? SYBASE_ASE?
> SYBASE_OCS?...)

No, those are all Sybase things. FreeTDS's environment variables are as
outlined in the User Guide. No other magic. ;-)

HTH.

named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review,
dissemination,
distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply
e-mail
and destroy all copies of the original message. Please note that we do not
accept
account orders and/or instructions by e-mail, and therefore will not be
responsible
for carrying out such orders and/or instructions. If you, as the intended
recipient
of this message, the purpose of which is to inform and update our clients,
prospects
and consultants of developments relating to our services and products, would
not
like to receive further e-mail correspondence from the sender, please "reply"
to the
sender indicating your wishes. In the U.S.: 1345 Avenue of the Americas, New
York,
NY 10105.

  • [freetds] Test.pl failed, Chen, Meeilei, 07/05/2005
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: [freetds] Test.pl failed, Lowden, James K, 07/05/2005