freetds - [freetds] Test.pl failed

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Chen, Meeilei" <Meeilei.Chen AT kcc.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Test.pl failed
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 14:29:10 -0500

We installed freeTDS 0.63 on an HP-UX 11.0 machine.
We have Sybase 12.5 on the HP box and MSSQL on a 2000 server.
I can use tsql to connect to both Sybase and MSSQL but when I tried to
use test.pl to connect to SQL I got the following message.
******
The context allocation routine failed when it tried to load localization
files!!
One or more following problems may caused the failure

Your sybase home directory is /usr/local/freetds. Check the environment
variable SYBASE if it is not the one you want!
Cannot access file /usr/local/freetds/config/objectid.dat
********

I have exported SYBASE environmental variables to = /usr/local/freetds
according to the freetds user's guide. But, the objectid.dat it's
looking for on the above message is actually under the Sybase
installation directory.
Here are my questions:

1. where should do I set my SYBASE home directory to? My original Sybase
installation directory? Or the /usr/local/freetds
2. any other ENV I need to set up besides SYBASE (ex. SHLIB_PATH?
SYBASE_ASE? SYBASE_OCS?...)
3. here is my connection command, is this correct?

my $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Sybase:server=$servername;database=$Dbase",
$username, $password, {PrintError => 0});

Any help will be much appreciated.

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain
privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is exempt from
disclosure under law. If you have received this message in error, please
inform us promptly by reply e-mail, then delete the e-mail and destroy any
printed copy. Thank you.