freetds - RE: [freetds] tdsdump SIGSEGV with mt apps

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] tdsdump SIGSEGV with mt apps
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 14:35:01 +0200

> Hi,
>
> Attached is my patch which from my testing, appears to fix
> the timeout
> problems, makes dblib and TDSDUMP thread-safe.
>
> I've had to modify the ODBC test case in order for it to pass. I
> believe this is the appropriate behaviour for the test case but I
> could be mistaken.
>
> Comments?
>
> Thanks.

Well, I applied partially your patch

Attached 3 files:
- post64.diff.gz patch from current snapshot (20050506) to CVS
- tdsthread.h your file, modified
- vedi.diff, src/tds/net.c difference from CVS, timeout odbc test do not
work

Mainly I committed loggin full thread safing. There are some comment in
dblib (for tds_ctx).