freetds - Re: [freetds] Named Instances

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <brian.bruns AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Named Instances
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 06:28:04 -0400

Ack. Don't use libtds directly, it is a support layer for the higher
level interfaces, and changes from release to release. Please use
either dblib, ctlib, or ODBC. dblib is easiest from a setup &coding
perspective. You can look at the unittest programs for examples or
look on the net, they are plentiful.

Jim et al., let's put a big ass warning in tsql.c not to use libtds, eh?

Brian