freetds - Re: [freetds] PHP and DSN-less Connection Strings

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jon Doblados <jon.doblados AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] PHP and DSN-less Connection Strings
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:21:51 +0800

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:32:45 +0100, Joerg Behrens <behrens AT takenet.de> wrote:

> That means your php version is build without ODBC support or the extension
> isnt loaded during
> startup. Most current Linux distributions use shared extensions which can
> be enabled in the php.ini
> or loading during runtime with the dl('foo.so') function.
>
> extension_dir= /path/to/extensions
> extension=foo.so

Ah yes, I figured that much. I tried copying
/usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so (from freetds FAQ) to
/usr/lib/php/extensions only to find out that I don't have
libtdsodbc.so, as I only see libtds.so.

> But have you read www.php.net/mssql before starting using ODBC? PHP have
> mssql support based on
> freetds. I gives you a bunch of functions like
> http://www.irixworld.net/php/overview.php?ext=mssql.
> To check if the extensions available run a phpinfo() and search for the
> mssql info table. An example
> can found under http://www.irixworld.net/ (search for mssql).

I'm very much concerned about using PHP's mssql APIs because this will
mean recoding dozens of files. For now, I'm stuck with using
odbc_connect. I also noticed unixODBC on my server. Should freetds
work in tandem with unixODBC or that's an entirely different game?

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Jon

--