freetds - Re: [freetds] SQL server default collation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: lre75l102 AT sneakemail.com
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQL server default collation
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:27:31 -0800

Frediano Ziglio freddyz77-at-tin.it |FreeTDS| wrote:

... omissis...

I also skimmed over the ChangeLog. Any chance the Sep 15, 2004 change
could have introduced this problem? As I mentioned, it used to work
with earlier versions of FreeTDS.

Thu Sep 15 13:41:10 CET 2004 Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT angelfire.com>
* include/tds.h src/tds/iconv.c src/tds/token.c:
- fix for some sql collation with a codepage not corresponding
with lcid (like SQL_Scandinavian_CP850_CI_AS).

No, this has to do with protocol version 8.0 and characters coding (no
core just slight different charset was used).

You spot a nasty bug.. or perhaps two...
1. we don't use a default charset conversion so it can happen that
server send varchars before charset change and have a call to iconv
(-1, ...) that lead to your floating point exception
2. cp437 is not in our charset tables so FreeTDS is not able to
initialize charset causing call to iconv(-1, ...) like above

from your dump you can see

21:52:18.266098 tds_srv_charset_changed: what is charset "cp437"?

this cause 2...

I am really hoping that you'll be able to shed some light on this
and provide an explanation or fix of some sort.

Expect a fix in a day or two...

More on this. Bug was caused by a division by zero, not iconv call.
Change you spot could cause problem too but using protocol 8.0.

Fixed in CVS (both 0.63 and head). Attached patch post0.63rc10 that
fixes both cases.

freddy77

Awesome! I can confirm that your patch does take care of the FPE.

Thanks so much for the swift response and fix.

Best,

-tino