freetds - Re: [freetds] sybperl and freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: FreeTDS AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] sybperl and freetds
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 00:38:48 +0100

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 00:22, Technoid wrote:
> I just inherited another freetds project from my employer. Here is
> what I *think* is going on (after looking at it for a few days):
>
> Applications running on FreeBSD and IRIX access an OpenClient version
> of DBD::Sybase through two intermediate layers of wrappers. The first
> layer is a (large) set of DB_* wrappers that do all sorts of specific
> tasks (connection, query, etc., etc.). The DB_* wrappers in turn call
> Sybase::DBlib functions, which make calls to DBD::Sybase.

Err - I think there is small misunderstanding here. Sybase::DBlib
doesn't call anything in DBD::Sybase. If you have code that calls
Sybase::DBlib functions/methods then that will interact directly with
the database via the DB-Library API.

As James mentioned - you should probably convert all that to simply call
DBD::Sybase directly.

Michael
--
Michael Peppler - mpeppler AT peppler.org - http://www.peppler.org/