freetds - [freetds] Problem with freetds_0.62.4 and SQLSetStmtAttr SQL_ATTR_CURSOR_TY PE SQL_CURSOR_STATIC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: kwills AT mercantec.com
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Problem with freetds_0.62.4 and SQLSetStmtAttr SQL_ATTR_CURSOR_TY PE SQL_CURSOR_STATIC
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:39:38 -0600

I have a short "C" program that compiles and runs under Windows 2003.
This same short "C" program compiles and mostly runs under RedHat Linux 9.

I am attempting to use the following statement:

SqlReturn = SQLSetStmtAttr(stmt, SQL_ATTR_CURSOR_TYPE, (SQLUINTEGER
*)SQL_CURSOR_STATIC, 0 );

It is giving back an error of: [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Option value changed]

The SQLSetStmtAttr was used to allow the code to do a select query that
drove a loop with a select query.

Because the SQLSetStmtAttr fails using FreeTDS, the application then gets a
2nd ODBC error.
[20019][[FreeTDS][SQL Server]Attempt to initiate a new SQL Server operation
with results pending.]

It looks like the SQLSetStmtAttr is failing using FreeTDS but succeeds when
using Microsoft SQL Server ODBC Driver Version 03.85.1025.

unixODBC_2.2.10
freetds_0.62.4

Any help to fix the FreeTDS driver problem would be appreciated.

Kevin