freetds - Re: [freetds] cancel and timeout

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] cancel and timeout
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 07:51:48 -0500

"Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com> wrote:

> I recently tested the dbsetinterrupt() functionality and it behaves
> exactly like Sybase dblibrary AFAICT.

I don't see how that's possible, Bill. Perhaps I'm misreading the docs or
the code.

hndlintr is supposed to be called while the library is waiting for the
server to respond. goodread() doesn't call it until after the query
timeout.

For this query:

declare @now datetime, @then datetime
select @then = dateadd(second, 15, getdate())
while( @then > getdate )
select @now = getdate()

and given a query timeout of 30 seconds, how many times does Sybase's
db-lib call hndlintr? We'd never call it, afaict.