freetds - Re: [freetds] PHP4.3.8 & freetds v0.62.4 but: mssql_connect(): Write

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ingo Klein <klein AT zentraldata.de>
  • To: FreeTDS AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] PHP4.3.8 & freetds v0.62.4 but: mssql_connect(): Write
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:01:06 +0100

Salute !

Problem soved.

History and solution:

My Problem was to install
freetds v0.62.4 on Linux 9.1
with apache 1.3.31 and PHP4.3.8
with the configuration from another (older) Webserver.

First I had to rename in sybdb.h on line 117 and 476
because an conflict to another modul occurs during make on php4

line 117 from
typedef short SHORT
typedef short SYBASESHORT

line 476
from DBCURSOR *dbcursoropen(DBPROCESS * dbprocess, BYTE * stmt, SHORT
scollopt, SHORT concuropt, USHORT nrows, DBINT * pstatus);
DBCURSOR *dbcursoropen(DBPROCESS * dbprocess, BYTE * stmt, SYBASESHORT
scollopt, SYBASESHORT concuropt, USHORT nrows, DBINT * pstatus);

Then I had the problem with the rights of freetds.conf
the have to be readable for wwwrun !!

And I did'nt check this with the result of:

tsql was working fine but in apache/php occurs:
Write to SQL Server failed. ans so one.

But then I had the problem that I can'nt esteblish a connection
and the logfile say at the end:
17:07:35.555679 UNIMPLEMENTED dbsetopt(option = 7)

I searched for this text and solved at the end with comment the line:
in php.ini
;mssql.textlimit = 4096

This was UNIMPLEMENTED dbsetopt ...

Now I have other problems with mySQL but freeTDS works fine now.
(I hope so...)

Also denne, bis denne, viel Spasz noch, Ingo Klein.