freetds - [freetds] [ freetds-Patches-1088672 ] dbsqlok eats too many end tokens

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "SourceForge.net" <noreply AT sourceforge.net>
  • To: noreply AT sourceforge.net
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [freetds] [ freetds-Patches-1088672 ] dbsqlok eats too many end tokens
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:20:39 -0800

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=407808&aid=1088672&group_id=33106

Category: db-lib
Group: None

Initial Comment:
It appears that dbsqlok can eat the end token
for an empty result set so that the next dbresults
call will skip over it. This may be similar to patch
744992 but the code has changed to need a different
patch.

The attached file shows tdsdump output before and
after the patch is applied. The patch changes
dbsqlok to return SUCCEED for end tokens and let
dbresults process the information. From what I
saw this affected end tokens at the beginning of
a packet. With the patch applied all of the dblib
unit tests continue to pass including the test 18
that the patch updates to show the problem.

Please look over this change. While the test cases
work fine and our application has used the change
for the last week I don't know if this overlooks
certain TDS situations.

Thank you,
Adrian Daley

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=407808&aid=1088672&group_id=33106

  • [freetds] [ freetds-Patches-1088672 ] dbsqlok eats too many end tokens, SourceForge.net, 12/20/2004