freetds - Re: [freetds] 0.63 Release Candidate 2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Martin Spott <Martin.Spott AT uni-duisburg.de>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 0.63 Release Candidate 2
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 16:31:41 +0000 (UTC)

"James K. Lowden" wrote:

> Please test it with your favorite OS. I'm guessing I'll release it Sunday
> if there are no complaints.

I have different results to provide for IRIX-6.5.22 with MIPSPro-7.41
and AIX-5.1 with GCC-3.3.2. Simple queries using 'tsql' are easy to
achieve, although the linker on AIX is a bit picky .... which results
in the need to add

../tds/.libs/libtds_objects.a ../replacements/.libs/libreplacements.a

here and there where '-ltds' is being linked into a binary.

Collaboration with unixODBC-2.2.10 is pretty difficult. I simply copied
a configuration which is known to work on Linux and applied it to both
machines. IRIX (I have a dummy account for such tests):

sirius: 17:25:29 ~> isql gluehbirne mas dummy4
SQL> sp_who
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLExecute

AIX is even more difficult because the linker doesn't create shared
libraries as we know them from Solaris, FreeBSD, Linux, IRIX, whatever.
This means I don't have any 'libtdsodbc.so' file at all. When I
configure unixODBC to use the 'libtdsodbc.a' file, I get a
"[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect" - which doesn't surprise.

Cheers,
Martin.
P.S.: Solaris and FreeBSD to follow tomorrow.