freetds - RE: [freetds] 0.63 Release Candidate 2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] 0.63 Release Candidate 2
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 15:57:13 -0000

Hi,

I've just built RC2 on Solaris (2.6, mind)

The tail of david's configure output, and beginning of make output
looked like this:

config.status: creating win32/version.rc
config.status: creating win32/freetds.nsh
config.status: creating include/config.h
config.status: include/config.h is unchanged
lyca:/export/home/dbspadea/freetds-0.63RC2 $ make
Making all in include
make[1]: Entering directory
`/export/home/dbspadea/freetds-0.63RC2/include'
cd .. && /bin/bash /export/home/dbspadea/freetds-0.63RC2/missing --run
autoheader
configure.in:75: /usr/local/bin/m4: ERROR: Reading inserted file: No
such
file or directory
autom4te: /usr/local/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
autoheader: /usr/local/bin/autom4te failed with exit status: 1
make[1]: *** [config.h.in] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/export/home/dbspadea/freetds-0.63RC2/include'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

...whereas mine looked like this

config.status: creating win32/version.rc
config.status: creating win32/freetds.nsh
config.status: creating include/config.h
bill:~/FREETDS/freetds-0.63RC2% make
Making all in include
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/thompbil/FREETDS/freetds-0.63RC2/include'
cd .. && /bin/ksh /home/thompbil/FREETDS/freetds-0.63RC2/missing --run
autoheader
/home/thompbil/FREETDS/freetds-0.63RC2/missing[46]: autoheader: not
found
WARNING: `autoheader' is missing on your system. You should only need
it if
you modified `acconfig.h' or `configure.in'. You might want
to install the `Autoconf' and `GNU m4' packages. Grab them
from any GNU archive site.
touch ./config.h.in
cd .. && /bin/ksh ./config.status include/config.h
config.status: creating include/config.h
config.status: include/config.h is unchanged
make all-am

So maybe it's something to do with autoheader - I don't have it (nor
should I need it according to the comment.)

Bill