freetds - Re: [freetds] Problem when the SQLExecute failed

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ou liu" <ou AT qbt.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem when the SQLExecute failed
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:01:47 -0500

I can't use the tsql to reproduce the problem of
"Write to Server failed".

What I did is:
1. Start the tsql, connect to server, no problem.
2. Do a query, no problem. I got the result set back.
3. Disconnect the server, do another query
4. The tsql freeze for a while (about 8 minutes) and then I got
"Read from Server failed"

Here is what I did:
--------------------
bash-2.05$ ./tsql -S MSSQL2K -U networkadmin -P networkadmin
locale is "C"
locale charset is "646"
Msg 5703, Level 0, State 1, Server DELLEDGE, Line 0
Changed language setting to us_english.
1> use CGI
2> go
1> select * from t_vtscfgmsgcomms;
2> go
VtsID MsgCommID Name Comm CommBaseID Enabled Msg
MsgBaseID StartCommCfg SecsEcho SecsEchoRespTimeout
CheckConnByEchoNumReplications MaxPendingReqs
1 2 Rdt COMMSVC.DB 8 1 MSGSVC.UTILMSG 78
10 10 0 0 0
1 3 LogToDB COMMSVC.DB 8 1 MSGSVC.UTILMSG 78
10 0 0 0 0
1 4 VtsLog COMMSVC.LOGSEARCH 9 1
MSGSVC.LOGMSG 79 1 0 0 0 0 0
1 5 CUSC DBProc COMMSVC.DBPROCCUSC 12 0
MSGSVC.UTILMSG 78 1 0 0 0 0 0
1 6 CGIMarkUp COMMSVC.TCP 1 0
MSGSVC.XMLMSG 117 0 0 0 0 0 0
1 7 ENHANCED COMMSVC.TCP 1 1
MSGSVC.XMLMSG 80 0 60 10 0 0 0
---> Before the next query I disconnect the network cable of the databse
------> server.
1> select * from t_vtscfgmsgcomms;
2> go
Msg 20004, Level 9, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
Read from SQL server failed.
--> Now if I tried to do another query, it will fail
1> select * from t_vtscfgmsgcomms;
2> go
Msg 20019, Level 7, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 1
Attempt to initiate a new SQL Server operation with results pending.
tds_submit_query() failed

Regards
Ou