freetds - RE: [freetds] Freebcp 2GB file limit

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Freebcp 2GB file limit
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:35:11 +0100

Tom,

That's not a freebcp message , as far as I know.
There is a file size limit on your operating system, probably.
I have run into the same problem with Sybase "bcp" in Solaris.

Are you trying to move data from one database table into another (in
another server/database ?)

If so, I have a program that will do it superfast, without the need for
intermediate files.

Bill