freetds - RE: [freetds] Problems with large image transfers.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Problems with large image transfers.
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:18:16 +0100

Hi Dave,

freebcp is kind of my baby, so I'll also take a look at the issues.

There's a variety of issues with the program when it comes to BLOB data
- James has found some, and I can see several more.
However, I'll take these up with James et al on a separate thread.
As he says, it may take a while to fix.

In the meantime though, let's try and overcome your immediate issue.
AIUI, You are starting off with a file that has your "image" data in it
- a binary file of some type.
You want to get this data into a table column of type IMAGE (column 5,
called snap_data from your format file).

Might I suggest that you take a look at one of our dblibrary test
programs.
These can be found in src/dblib/unittests .
There are two programs here, called t0013.c and t0014.c , which do
precisely this.
These could be easily adapted into a program that would do what you
want.
They use standard dblibrary functions which may already be known to you.
If not, they are documented on both Sybase and MS (SQL server BOL).

If you don't feel happy about adapting these programs, I'll happily
knock something up for you...if you can wait a few days.

Good Luck,

Bill