freetds - RE: [freetds] Access Sybase by using unixODBC & freetds?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: jun_chen AT bankone.com
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Access Sybase by using unixODBC & freetds?
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 13:52:55 -0400

Hi jkl,

I did use freetds.conf and the [dataserver] name did matches the name of
the
database I wish to use and still doesn't work.

Any more idea?

Thanks.

Jun

Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:21:52 -0400
From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>

http://www.freetds.org/userguide/freetdsconf.htm#FTN.AEN763

You will not be able to connect to an ASA server unless you use the
freetds.conf file, and the [dataserver] name matches the name of the
database you wish to use.

HTH.

--jkl

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any
reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission
in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in
its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.