freetds - Re: [freetds] [RE] libtdsodbc is missing

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Konstantin Poltev" <kokach AT ut.ee>
  • To: "iODBC Maintainer" <iodbc AT openlinksw.com>
  • Cc: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] [RE] libtdsodbc is missing
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:00:27 +0300 (EEST)

Hello Patrick,

I could not even have imagened ever, that the maitainer of iODBC would be
helping me, it is a big honour for me.

I have almost managed with the problem. Yes, everything is ok with the
package of iODBC as well as with the package of FreeTDS. It's all about my
crooked hands - iODBC was not even installed on the server, I mean I
uninstalled it accidentally, that's why I could not find libtdsodbc.so. So
it's not more the problem with the libtdsidbc, but I am still a lamer in
connecting Linux to MSSQL server, so I would be very grateful, if you
could help me with the rest I could not find anywhere.

The problem appears when I am trying to test ODBC connection using
iodbctest utility. It prints next message:
1: [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Could not find UID parameter (0), SQLSTATE=IM007
But UID is in there! I mean I wrote it in the odbc.ini.
This is the thing, I wrote to odbc.ini:

[MyServer70]
Driver = /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Description = MSSQL Server 7.0
Trace = No
Servername = MyServer70 //I am not sure with it, I just wrote the same
Database = veebaas //name, as the Data Source
UID = sa //This one is not completely clear for me too, should it
//be the UID of user, who connects