freetds - RE: FW: [freetds] libtdsodbc is missing

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Scott Johnson" <scomps AT purplewire.org>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: FW: [freetds] libtdsodbc is missing
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:05:41 -0400

If you configure unixODBC with the --disable-gui option it won't compile
for X windows. In this instance, instead of using ODBCConfig to set up
your DSN's you would use odbcinst which is a command line utility. It's
not as intuitive, but it does work. I'm doing that myself and it works
very well.

Here's a URL that has come good examples of configuring unixODBC with
FreeTDS. It's what I'm using and as I said it works extremely well.
I've even managed to get things working with FreePascal which has
confounded both the FreeTDS and unixODBC folks.

http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/FreeTDS.html

On the other hand you might try ./configure --with-iodbc in the freeTDS
configure line. I'm not sure if that'll work, but it's worth a try.

Regards,

Scott