freetds - RE: [freetds] Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Beta 1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Daniel Morgan" <danielmorgan AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Beta 1
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:51:26 -0400

Oh yeah, it has stored procedures.

You can write them in VB.NET or C#. I am not kidding.

Talking to Microsoft SQL Server support guys in person, they said MSDE
"IS" SQL Server. It is a desktop version meant to be used with their
development tools to make it easier to create SQL Server applications.
It is limited though.

When you're ready to go to production, it is a lot easier to migrate a
SQL Server Express or MSDE database then an Access db.

I was successful at getting Query Analyzer to access SQL 2005 Express.