freetds - Re: [freetds] MSSQL on AIX 5.1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Daniel Fazekas <fdsubs AT axelero.hu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] MSSQL on AIX 5.1
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 01:35:21 +0200

On Jun 28, 2004, at 23:03, Rafi Sheikh wrote:

If you intend to build the FreeTDS ODBC driver
[...]

...and you don't...

QUESTION: Does this mean I need an ODBC driver? I thought I do not need one
(trying to compile PHP --with-mssql (using FreeTDS to connect to mssql)).

...so, you don't need it. :)

The more I read the more I am confused, certainly my lack of
understanding...any plain english help is deeply appreciated!

Do I need the driver? If yes, where do I get it?

You certainly are becoming a bit confused. ;)

FreeTDS is the driver itself, or more exactly, one part of FreeTDS is an ODBC driver for Sybase/MSSQL.
What the documentation talks about as the prerequisite to using the driver is a *Driver Manager*, such as iODBC or unixODBC.

Anyway, just ignore anything ODBC. You don't need it.

--
fds