freetds - Re: [freetds] /usr/include/freetds/ and DBD-Sybase problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] /usr/include/freetds/ and DBD-Sybase problem
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 07:39:58 +0200

On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 03:05, Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:
> Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:
> >> I'll see if I can come up with a patch to have
> >> DBD-Sybase's Makefile.PL check both /usr/include/ and
> >> /usr/include/freetds/ in the future.
>
> OK here are a few lines. I used the latest DBD::Sybase off CPAN, version
> 1.02. The patch does three things:

Thanks.

> --If no SYBASE is set, sets it to '/usr'. I think this is the right
> thing to do since setting SYBASE is the most confusing to admins with
> vendor-supplied freetds libs in /usr/lib, and because anyone rolling
> their own freetds should already have SYBASE set.

Sorry - but that's not the right thing to do - again because
DBD::Sybase's primary function is to work with Sybase OpenClient
installations. In that case if SYBASE isn't set you should look for the
root of the "sybase" user's home directory.

Still I guess that some wider search for the installation dirs is
possible.

> --Separates the SYBASE/lib check from the include check
>
> --Checks SYBASE/include SYBASE/include/freetds for headers

Always remember that for Sybase 12.0 and later we really need to check
in $SYBASE/$SYBASE_OCS/include and $SYBASE/$SYBASE_OCS/lib.

Anyway - I'll look at the patch and see how/what I'll use.

Thanks,

Michael
--
Michael Peppler Data Migrations, Inc.