freetds - Re: [Fwd: Re: [freetds] /usr/include/freetds/ and DBD-Sybase problem]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Joshua Daniel Franklin <joshuadf AT u.washington.edu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [freetds] /usr/include/freetds/ and DBD-Sybase problem]
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 22:27:32 -0700

Whoops, mailing list stripped the attachment. Here it is inline...

Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:
Here is Dag's reply... it looks like there is a potential conflict with libgda... I'll see if I can come up with a patch to have DBD-Sybase's Makefile.PL check both /usr/include/ and /usr/include/freetds/ in the future.

On Fri, 28 May 2004, Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:

>> --snip--

Why do people assume things ? :)

>> Just to clarify, these RPMs are not provided by Red Hat, but by Dag Wieers
>> (who packages a bunch of 3rd party stuff). For some reason his SPEC has:
>>
>> %define _includedir %{_prefix}/include/freetds
>>
>> <http://dag.wieers.com/packages/freetds/freetds.spec>
>>
>> If the freetds project doesn't see any reason for /usr/include/freetds/,
>> it sounds like Dag is the one to ask about what's going on, especially since
>> he lists freetds.org as the upstream provider.

Well, I certainly did that on purpose, the remaining question is why ;)
libgda requires freetds and seems to look for it in /usr/include/freetds.
And I think there was also a conflict between one of the header-files.

It seems also much cleaner having it in its own directory. Maybe we could
talk to the author of DBD-Sybase and have it look at /usr/include/freetds
so that eventually freetds can move its headers in its own(ed) directory.

Kind regards,
-- dag wieers, dag AT wieers.com, http://dag.wieers.com/ --