freetds - [freetds] what size indicator

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] what size indicator
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 22:42:21 -0400

typedef struct tds_column
{
TDS_SMALLINT *column_nullbind;
} TDSCOLUMN;

blk_bind(CS_BLKDESC * blkdesc, CS_INT item, CS_DATAFMT * datafmt, CS_VOID
* buffer, CS_INT * datalen, CS_SMALLINT * indicator)

dbnullbind(DBPROCESS * dbproc, int column, DBINT * indicator)
^^^^^

Bill,

As you can see, db-lib defines the nullbind indicator as an address of a
32-bit pointer, and ct-lib a 16-bit pointer. Compiling db-lib with a
modern compiler will yield complaints. (I take it yours is pre-modern, or
you have the volume turned down. ;-) )

How best to resolve this? I think we need to define it as 32-bits in
TDSCOLUMN, and cast the ct-lib down to 16. I don't think anything else is
safe. But I thought I'd check.

Interestingly, the bugger used to be (as you know) CHAR*. I wonder why I
never saw this warning before.

Regards,

--jkl

  • [freetds] what size indicator, James K. Lowden, 05/27/2004