freetds - RE: [freetds] Function sequence error from Linux => SQL Server 2000

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Function sequence error from Linux => SQL Server 2000
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:46:31 +0200

> Two final clues:
> (1) If I use the Python interpreter to instantiate my DB
> connection and
> call the stored procedure with the same XML data, it loads
> the data into
> the target table with no complaint.
> (2) In my script I create six or seven different connections to the
> database, each with its own cursor, so that each cursor executes only
> one thing on the SQL server. My hope was to reduce overhead by
> permitting each cursor to prepare just one statement. Now that the
> cursors are executing stored procedures rather than SQL statements,
> perhaps I should use only one connection and cursor.

>From mxBase ChangeLog

Changes from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5:

Fixed a bug in the native Unicode handling code for long object columns.
mxODBC now also supports reading and writing Unicode to and from
longchar and ntext columns for MS SQL Server.

Are you sure you are using latest version. Perhaps you installed a
former version and than updated