freetds - [freetds] New Progress about "FreeTDS ODBC Driver handles MONEY type incorretly on Solaris/SPARC"

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ou liu" <ou AT qbt.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] New Progress about "FreeTDS ODBC Driver handles MONEY type incorretly on Solaris/SPARC"
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:47:25 -0400

Hi, everyone

In my post "FreeTDS ODBC Driver handles MONEY type incorretly on
Solaris/SPARC", I talked about the anomaly when the freetds odbc driver is
handling with the MONEY type. James K. Lowden kindly analyzed the problem
for me. And now is the solution:

1. Go to the odbc_utils.c and changed the

case SYBMONEY4:
return SQL_DOUBLE;

case SYBMONEYN:
break;

into:

case SYBMONEY4:
return SQL_DOUBLE;

case SYBMONEYN:
return SQL_DOUBLE;

Freddy, I knew you already changed the odbc_utils.c in this way, but
it is not included in the stable version.

2. After the configure, change in the Makefile under the
$TDSSRC/src/odbc directory:

LDFLAGS = -L/usr/local/iodbc/lib

LDFLAGS = -L/usr/local/iodbc/lib -L<The directory when your
libgcc.a located> -lgcc

On my machine the libgcc.a is in
/opt/sfw/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/2.95.3/, yours may be different.

I've test on my machine and the solution does work. If you
didn't apply the second step then you will meet problem as I described in
the last post.

Regards

Ou

  • [freetds] New Progress about "FreeTDS ODBC Driver handles MONEY type incorretly on Solaris/SPARC", ou liu, 04/27/2004