freetds - Re: [freetds] mssql_query() returns boolean when stored procedure returns empty result set

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] mssql_query() returns boolean when stored procedure returns empty result set
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 21:05:05 +0200

> > I tried the latest snapshot as of yesterday (0.63.dev.20040329), just to
> > see if the issue was addressed there, but unfortunately I cannot get PHP
> > to compile against it (due to various "undeclared" errors with
> > SYBDATETIMN, SYBFLTN, SYBINTN, and SYBMONEYN).
>
> That's looks like a problem. We're pruning our header files; maybe we've
> gone too far.

Fixed in CVS... PHP use these macro although never documented (I think
caused by an old wrong FreeTDS implementation)...

Jmaes... we get a lot of script (Perl & PHP) problems with examples...
it's hard to convert these examples in C tests however I don't imagine a
simple script for doing all tests we need... I remember your propose of
a script. Are you thinking something specific ?? Another idea would be
compile some PHP/Perl tests if available... not that easy however...