freetds - Re: [freetds] 0.62.2 and spurious errors?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Casey Allen Shobe <cshobe AT osss.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 0.62.2 and spurious errors?
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 13:45:29 -0500

James K. Lowden wrote:
I expect it will. I posted a tentative 0.62.2

Happy to report that I'm using it now and it's working perfectly. Not a single complaint.

I'd like to go ahead and include this in my install document, but I need to make an SRPM (because at least the 0.62.1 RPM did not work with RedHat 7.3) to do so. Can I do that using the spec file from 0.62.1? I don't know anything about RPM, so if it's more complex than that I'll probably just wait for an SRPM release of 0.62.2. How long is it typically before SRPMs are available after source is released?

Thanks! Great work! (dunno why the patch didn't help - I patched the SRPM and used RPM to install it, so maybe because that version was already installed it didn't actually install it or something stupid)

--
Casey Allen Shobe
Open Source Software Solutions