freetds - Re: [freetds] Can connect with TDS, but not ODBC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Casey Allen Shobe <cshobe AT osss.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Can connect with TDS, but not ODBC
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 16:33:42 -0500

Lowden, James K wrote:
Double checking: this is SQL Server 2000 and unixODBC 2.2.6 we're talking about, right?

unixODBC 2.2.0. I was previously trying with 2.2.8, but the latest RPM for Redhat is 2.2.0, and I'm supposed to stick with RPM installations if possible though I'd personally rather not.

Here's a trick: "export TDSVER=4.2", try again, and look at the TDSDUMP log. You'll see your login packet, including your password (twice, IIRC). Is it right? Do you get logged in?

Rather a handy trick, that version seems quite a bit more verbose. From the output, I was able to easily determine I had mistyped the database name, and a much more clear error was shown. I fixed it in odbcinst.ini, and now isql works fine!

I don't know what was wrong on the 2.2.8 installation before, but I still have it around, so perhaps I'll fiddle with it later for curiosity sake.

Thanks for the assistance, and my apologies for such confusion and complaint over a dumb typo on my part.

--
Casey Allen Shobe
cshobe AT osss.net