freetds - Re: [freetds] Can connect with TDS, but not ODBC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Casey Allen Shobe <cshobe AT osss.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Can connect with TDS, but not ODBC
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 12:23:34 -0500

I never recieved any more followups on why ODBC might not be working, so just gave up and was running the script from the Windows machine.

However, my employer wants me to run the script from the unix side, and I agree with that.

I've been testing everything anew, using a Redhat 7.3 server with unixODBC installed from an RPM, and freeTDS installed from an SRPM (the binary version on freetds.org requires too new of a libc). Though the installation method is different this time, I'm having the exact same problem.

I'm following the ODBC-only configuration suggestion on freetds.org to a tee, and it's simply not working.

Here is my odbc.ini:

[ODBC Data Sources]
adreportdb = AirDefense Reporting Database

[adreportdb]
Driver = /usr/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Description = AirDefense Reporting Database
Trace = No
Server = 172.16.0.216
Database = adreportdb
Port = 1433
TDS_Version = 8.0

[Default]
Driver = /usr/lib/libtdsodbc.so

tsql -H 172.16.0.216 -p 1433 -U sa
...works, and I can execute a query.

isql adreportdb sa
...gives:
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

What can I try? Sorry to pester, but I really need to get this problem worked out.

Thanks in advance,

--
Casey Allen Shobe
cshobe AT osss.net