freetds - [freetds] Non-ascii characters in password

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: SV Subramanian <mani_svs AT rediffmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Non-ascii characters in password
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 07:18:19 +0530

I have a difficulty in connecting from a linux machine to MSSQL 7 using TDS version 7.
I am using unixODBC and freetds 0.61.2. Everything woorks perfectly when I connect as a user
whose password contains ascii characters. Some of the accounts have passwords that have been created by custom algorithm and contain non-ascii characters. Is there a a way I can put character
translation off during connect? I suppose that could be the reason. Shall be thankful for any help.