freetds - Re: [freetds] W32 FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] W32 FreeTDS
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:06:10 -0500

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:08:16 -0000, "Simon Talbot" <simont AT nse.co.uk>
wrote:

> Is there a native Win32 version of FreeTDS in existence? We would like
> to standardise on one API for our cross platform development and the
> Microsoft DBLibrary implementation is quite ancient and Arcane !

FreeTDS builds with VC++, or gcc + cygwin, or (with effort) Borland. You
get ct-lib, db-lib, and an ODBC driver for your trouble.

If I understood you aright, you want to use db-lib, but not Microsoft's
implementation. Ours isn't complete, but the important stuff is all
there:

1> select count(*), status, vendor from api where name = 'dblib' group by
status, vendor order by vendor, status compute sum(count(*)) by vendor
2> go
status vendor
----------- ---------- ---------------
43 NULL Microsoft