freetds - [freetds] dbsqlexec blocks indefinitely.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Kaveri, Ramesh" <ramesh.kaveri AT intel.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] dbsqlexec blocks indefinitely.
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 12:19:13 -0800

Hi everybody

We are using the DB-Library API to connect to a SQL SERVER 2000 server.
In the API status appears that function dbsettime() present but
non-functional and
dbdataready is also not available yet

The problem is that when you call dbsqlexec()/dbsqlok() on a database
that
has just gone offline (i.e after calling dbopen() successfully), it
blocks
indefinitely (even if I return INT_EXIT or INT_CANCEL from the error
handler). On one of the reply they said it is fixed in 0.61 but we
still see the problem.

How can I prevent it from becoming blocked?
Is there any form to detect that a database went offline before calling
dbsqlexec()? What if the lost of connection happens at the same time
dbsqlexec() is running?

We thought of using dbsend() and dbsqlok as suggested in the Microsoft
help but
for that we need the dbdataredy api. I would really appreciate any help
in overcoming
this issue

Thanks

Ramesh Kaveri