freetds - RE: [freetds] Compiling and using FreeTDS on Mac OS X

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Compiling and using FreeTDS on Mac OS X
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 10:48:55 +0200

> On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 23:35:58 -0400, Rick Lopez <rlopez AT page-stream.com>
> wrote:
> > Has anyone successfully compiled and install version .61.2 on OS X
> > Jaguar yet?
> >
> > I read some earlier posting where someone named Daniel Fazekas was
> > getting link errors ( like I am ).
>
> I'd like to make sure 0.62 compiles on Macs when we release
> it. Mark identified three problems with current CVS, and we
> have three workarounds:
>
> 1. Use libtool to 1.5.5. This fixes duplicate link
> arguments. I hope to get to the bottom of this, though.
> Linking worked fine with libtool 1.4a until about a month ago.
>
> 2. Configure as:
>
> $ CFLAGS=-DEILSEQ=ENOENT ./autogen.sh --with-tdsver=7.0
> --enable-threadsafe=no
>
> Defeating threadsafe obviates any need for _r libraries, and
> defining EILSEQ lets the replacements/iconv.c compile. As
> Freddy mentioned, I expect to fix that RSN.
>
> If there are other issues, of if these don't fix those, I'd
> like to know.

About _r problem. configure detect this function and libTDS use it
however tsql do not find this function. I think problem is Makefile.am.
I added NETWORK_LIBS to LDADD (see src/apps/Makefile.am), this should
fix _r problem (I hope...). Is correct to add NETWORK_LIBS in LDADD ??
Also under Linux libTDS seem to depend from libnsl. This is not true.
I'm fixing this issue but need some tests cause problem on others
platform (missing import).