freetds - Re: [freetds] Compiling and using FreeTDS on Mac OS X

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Compiling and using FreeTDS on Mac OS X
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 02:28:35 -0400

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 23:35:58 -0400, Rick Lopez <rlopez AT page-stream.com>
wrote:
> Has anyone successfully compiled and install version .61.2 on OS X
> Jaguar yet?
>
> I read some earlier posting where someone named Daniel Fazekas was
> getting link errors ( like I am ).

I'd like to make sure 0.62 compiles on Macs when we release it. Mark
identified three problems with current CVS, and we have three workarounds:

1. Use libtool to 1.5.5. This fixes duplicate link arguments. I hope to
get to the bottom of this, though. Linking worked fine with libtool 1.4a
until about a month ago.

2. Configure as:

$ CFLAGS=-DEILSEQ=ENOENT ./autogen.sh --with-tdsver=7.0
--enable-threadsafe=no

Defeating threadsafe obviates any need for _r libraries, and defining
EILSEQ lets the replacements/iconv.c compile. As Freddy mentioned, I
expect to fix that RSN.

If there are other issues, of if these don't fix those, I'd like to know.