freetds - RE: [freetds] Question on token.c

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Question on token.c
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 15:48:41 +0200

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to integrate some changes of mine into the latest
> source code.
>
> One of my new ct-library functions needs to call
> tds_process_end(), but I notice that this function has been
> made internal to token.c and cannot be referenced directly
> from the other API's
>
> What's the thinking behind this ?
>
> looks like the only "exposed" result and/or data processing
> functions are :
>
> tds_process_result_tokens
> tds_process_row_tokens
> tds_process_trailing_tokens
> tds_process_simple_query
> tds_do_until_done
>
> All of these are iterative, and may process more tokens than
> I want to....
>
> Thanks,

Thinking is be clean. Few and clean entries. I don't know any reason to
public tds_process_end. IMHO there should be only three public
functions:

tds_process_result_tokens
tds_process_row_tokens
tds_process_simple_query

Perhaps changing the way
tds_process_result_tokens/tds_process_row_tokens return data (returning
DONE as a result) should solve your problem.