freetds - RE: [freetds] solutions for building on Mac OS X

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] solutions for building on Mac OS X
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:10:16 +0200

> A few people have emailed me about getting the current cvs version to
> compile, and I've spent sometime figuring out what the problems are.
> Unfortunately, I'm not sure I know enough to find the correct fix,
> but I've got a hackish one that will get it to compile.
>
> The first, and easy, problem is that EILSEQ #defined, but not to a
> value. The TODO list says it needs to be fixed, but until that fix
> happens, freetds won't compile on a system that doesn't define
> EILSEQ. To get around this, I set it via CFLAGS. The following is how
> I ran autogen.sh.
>
> mlilback$CFLAGS=-DEILSEQ=ENOENT ./autogen.sh --with-tdsver=7.0

James is working on this issue.

> The next problem is that the final commands that are generated to
> link the shared libraries are passing each library twice on the
> command line. For example, when building in src/tds, $archive_cmds is
> created with both $libobjs and $deplibs containing libtds_objects.al
> and libreplacements.al.
>
> To solve this, after running autogen.sh or configure, edit libtool
> and look for "Do each of the archive commands." It was line 3179 on
> my generated file. Add the following line above it:
>
> deplibs=`echo "$deplibs" | sed -d 's#\([^ ]*\)\.al##g'`

I updated libtool to 1.5.5 and problem disappear.
James, you should update your libtool too.

> Then a make will build libtds, libdb, libct, and libodbc. It dies
> building tsql because gethostbyaddr_r is not found. (10.2 doesn't
> support the _r functions.)

I'm watching getaddrinfo/getnameinfo API (see
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/html/
getaddrinfo.3.html) or getipnodebyaddr
(http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/html
/getipnodebyaddr.3.html).
In the meantime you can disable threadsafe.

> I spent a few hours digging through libtool and how it is created,
> but couldn't figure out the process since there are so many options
> and nesting is almost impossible to figure out in the shell scripts.
> If someone has an idea, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, I'll post a
> message to a darwin list and see if I can get a helpful reply.

freddy77

  • RE: [freetds] solutions for building on Mac OS X, ZIGLIO Frediano, 10/01/2003