freetds - Re: [freetds] Issue with freetds 0.61.2 ok on prior version which was <0.60

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Issue with freetds 0.61.2 ok on prior version which was <0.60
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 12:14:10 -0500

Hmm? www.freetds.org is OK, now at least.

> Anyhow, just tried the latest CVS (freetds-0.62.dev.20030814) and it's
> still an issue I'm afraid.

Bleh. Thanks for trying. My devbox is broken (motherboard, methinks);
I'm ordering new parts today. I hope to have it back in order within a
week.

There are two likely suspects, to my mind: ct-lib and PHP. It's fairly
simple to modify a ct-lib unit test to mimic your query and show (or fix
such) that ct-lib responds correctly. That much I'm competent to look
into.

I remember vaguely that there was some problem with PHP in this
neighborhood, and ISTR a patch posted for it. But I didn't understand the
issue fully and it was a few months back, so I might just be blowing
smoke.