freetds - [freetds] freebcp bulk load wont work with -f option

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Pothen, Abi" <APothen AT nb.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] freebcp bulk load wont work with -f option
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 15:26:43 -0400

Hi,

I have successfully installed FreeTds 0.61 in a Sun Solaris box to access
MSSQL2K on WIN2K server and I am trying to use the freebcp utility ( with -f
option) to bulk copy data into a table.

But, bcp is failing with the following error message:

Msg 20102, Level 7
Unrecognized datatype found in format-file.

When I searched the freetds mailing list archive, I have seen the similar
problem posted with freetds 0.60 (
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/freetds/2002q4/010205.html ) and the
suggestion was to use its latest snapshot.
I was wondering whether this problem has been fixed with the freetds 0.61
version ?

I have tried both tds versions 7.0 and 8.0.

Thanks for your help.
Abi.

this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in
the contents of this message that arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
This message is provided for informational purposes and should not be
related financial instruments.
All e-mails at Neuberger Berman are, in accordance with Firm policy, to be
used for Neuberger Berman business purposes only. E-mails sent from or to
the Firm are subject to being reviewed by the Firm in accordance with the
Firm's procedure for the review of correspondence