freetds - [freetds] OT: college linux

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] OT: college linux
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 23:27:43 -0400

[Please forgive this off topic post. I don't expect direct help, but
pointers would be nice. Thanks.]

I read about College Linux, which my daughter's teacher just installed on
her laptop. It's based on Slackware. I thought I'd install it on
"sandbox", but the boot hangs booting bzImage.

Does anyone have a favorite resource for such things? Slackware and
College Linux seem thinly documented, and, besides, it seems more of an
issue with the kernel than the distribution.

If I putz with passing flags to the kernel -- assuming I can do such a
thing (perhaps with grub) -- is that worth the effort or probably a waste
of time.

Thanks again.

--jkl

  • [freetds] OT: college linux, James K. Lowden, 05/26/2003