freetds - RE: [freetds] bcp, for browse and flags

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] bcp, for browse and flags
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 16:47:02 +0100

Hmmm...

As things stand TDS4.2 is not supported for bcp functionality, so it may not
be an issue. You have to talk either TDS 5 or TDS 7+
This is because we use the TDS protocol version to determine the type of
server we are talking to, and do (radically) different things accordingly.
Unfortunately, the TDS4.2 protocol for BCP does not appear to be the same
across Sybase and SQL server.
Because it is such a low-level (binary) interface, it runs into endian
issues, and there are other subtle differences which I never got to the
bottom of, despite a LOT of trying...

Bill