freetds - [freetds] dbsqlexec() blocks for ever where database conection is lost

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: GUTIERREZ Pablo TESIS-TAMSA <tesgup AT tamsa.com.mx>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] dbsqlexec() blocks for ever where database conection is lost
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:20:16 -0600

Hi everybody

We ported FREE TDS 0.60 to QNX 4.25 and we are using the DB-Library API to
connect to a SQL SERVER 2000 server.
In the API status appears that function dbsettime() is not implemented yet
(nor are present the non-standard functions dbpoll() or dbdataready() ).

The problem is that when you call dbsqlexec()/dbsqlok() on a database that
has just gone offline (i.e after calling dbopen() successfully), it blocks
indefinitely (even if I return INT_EXIT or INT_CANCEL from the error
handler).

How can I prevent it from becoming blocked?
Is there any form to detect that a database went offline before calling
dbsqlexec()? What if the lost of connection happens at the same time
dbsqlexec() is running?

Regards
Eng. Pablo Gutierrez

  • [freetds] dbsqlexec() blocks for ever where database conection is lost, GUTIERREZ Pablo TESIS-TAMSA, 03/31/2003