freetds - Re: [freetds] Apache, mod_perl, DBI and freetds problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Andrew Moore <andrew.moore AT umb.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Apache, mod_perl, DBI and freetds problem
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:41:36 +0200

Hi -

I was wondering if Gordon or anyone ever found a solution or workaround for
this problem. I believe I'm seeing it too. My mod_perl apache processes
segfault when trying to connect to my database, which I can do just fine
through CGI.

Stronghold/2.4.2 Apache/1.3.6
mod_perl 1.21 (I know, but they won't let me upgrade it)
perl 5.005_03
freetds-0.62.dev.20030327
DBD-Sybase-0.95

I'd appreciate any advice you can give.

Thanks,

Andy

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Gordon Ross wrote:
> I am using freetds, which works great when _not_ being used with
> apache. When I use apache with the perl Sybase DBD and attempt to
> connect to the database, the apache child exits without error or
> warning messages. I traced it to the DynaLoader routine which loads
> Sybase.so using dlopen (). The procedure (dl_load_file ()) is called,
> but never returns. I'm using:
>
> OS: Tru64Unix 4.0F
> Apache: 1.3.26
> Freedtds: 0.60
> Sybase DBD: 0.95
> Mod_perl: 1.27 (1.26?)
>
> I suspect I have an symbol conflict in which some entry point
> conflicts with an already loaded entry point of the same name.
>
> Have you seen this before? Do you have ideas about what is
> happening? Your incite and help will be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you!
>
> -- Gord

  • Re: [freetds] Apache, mod_perl, DBI and freetds problem, Andrew Moore, 03/31/2003