freetds - [freetds] Re:Sample C Program

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Venky Karuppur" <venkykc AT hotmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com
  • Subject: [freetds] Re:Sample C Program
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:23:03 +0000

Thanks Bill
I found the the C program and could successfully test it in Linux box.But i have problems in SCO box. Say for exampe I compiled the file t0001.c under freetds-0.61/src/tds/unittests. It compiled fine and when I tried to run the executable it came back with the following error (with verbose on)..

t0001.c: Testing login, logout
Entered tds_try_login()
Trying read_login_info()
Setting login parameters
Connecting to database
iconv_open cannot open conversion file /usr/lib/nls/conv/_UCS-2LE
tds_connect() failed
try_tds_login() failed

There is no problem with user-id/password or connection. You can see an additional message (iconv_open cannot open....) Its looking for this Unicode2LittleEndian translation file in that particular directory (I don't know where to get the file from?). Is it failing because of this?

thanks
Venky

Worried what your kids see online? Protect them better with MSN 8 http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=186&DI=1059

  • [freetds] Re:Sample C Program, Venky Karuppur, 03/27/2003